WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Insured Retirement Institute (IRI) announced election results for its Board of Directors.
IRI welcomed a new member to its board, Sean Baker, Director, Head of Retirement Insurance within BlackRock’s Retirement Group. Baker leads a team that is responsible for driving BlackRock’s strategy with life and annuity insurance companies across sub-advised and index-based crediting solutions. Additionally, he is also charged with developing and maintaining relationships with insurance companies, serving as a thought leader on industry trends, and being a consultative partner to clients.
Additionally, the following members have been re-elected to new three-year terms.
- Jacob Armstrong, Senior Vice President, Head of Insurance Strategic Distribution, Franklin Templeton Distributors
- Graham Day, President, Eagle Life Insurance Company (for American Equity Investment Life Insurance Co.)
- Marci Green, Managing Director, Head of Retail Insurance, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- Eric Henderson, President, Nationwide Annuity, Nationwide Financial
- Robert Jameison, Senior Vice President, Head of Institutional Insurance and DCIO Relationship Management, Fidelity Institutional Asset Management
- John Kennedy, Executive Vice President, Chief Distribution and Brand Officer, Lincoln Financial Group
- Kevin Kennedy, Senior Vice President, Sales and Chief Marketing Officer, Retirement Solutions Division, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Melissa Kivett, Executive Vice President, Corporate Retirement Solutions and Business Development, TIAA
- Wesley Severin, Executive Vice President, Retirement Division, Symetra Financial
- Michael Sturm, Managing Director, Annuity Product Executive, Bank of America
- Dylan Tyson, President, Prudential Retirement Strategies, Prudential Financial
“I want to welcome Sean Baker from Blackrock as the newest member of the IRI Board of Directors,” said Wayne Chopus, President and CEO of IRI. “I look forward to his contributions.”
He continued, “Our Board is a deeply motivated and highly-engaged group of industry leaders who are laser-focused on championing retirement security for workers and retirees and to improving our industry. I’m incredibly grateful for their ongoing commitment and contributions to guide our organization.”
# # #
Contact: Dan Zielinski
PROPOSED NASAA MODEL RULE THREATENS ACCESS TO ANNUITY PRODUCTS FOR RETIREMENT, UNDERMINES FINANCIAL SECURITY
WASHINGTON, D.C. – A state securities regulator organization has proposed a revised model rule that could have significant consequences for…
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Insured Retirement Institute (IRI) told the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) Special Committee (EX) on…
The Industry’s Premier Event is April 2-4 in Nashville, Tenn. WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Insured Retirement Institute (IRI) opened registration for its 2024…