What is IRI's position on safeguarding against financial abuse?
IRI believes in enhancing protections to safeguard Americans from financial exploitation and fraud.
- Reduce the regulatory barriers to the development and offering of innovative products such as registered index-linked annuities
- Streamline how consumers receive electronic documents such as statements and account information
- Promote interstate e-commerce by recognizing remote and electronic notarizations performed by a notary public regardless of the state in which the notary is commissioned
- Establish a national, online “lost and found” for retirement accounts
- Extend retirement savings counseling to federal student loan, job training, and apprenticeship recipients
- Establish a presidential commission on financial inclusion
The Federal Retirement Security Blueprint includes common-sense, bipartisan policies to help our nation's workers and retirees achieve economic equity by strengthening their financial security and protecting their income to sustain them throughout their retirement years.