What is IRI's position on preserving tax-deferred savings?
IRI believes in maintaining and augmenting the current tax treatment of retirement savings.
- Maintain tax-deferred treatment for retirement savings
- Protect the current structure and diversity of workplace retirement plans
- Provide favorable tax treatment for guaranteed lifetime income
- Enhance the start-up tax credit to encourage small businesses to establish workplace plans
- Allow penalty-free withdrawals from retirement accounts as relief from natural disasters
- Create opportunities for the use of innovative financing mechanisms to support rebuilding our nation’s infrastructure
- Simplify the IRC §199a deduction application to financial professionals
- Examine opportunities to make long-term care insurance more tax-advantaged, affordable, and accessible
The Federal Retirement Security Blueprint includes common-sense, bipartisan policies to help our nation's workers and retirees achieve economic equity by strengthening their financial security and protecting their income to sustain them throughout their retirement years.